Senior Managing Director
Michael Ryan is a senior managing director in the Corporate Finance/ Restructuring practice of FTI Consulting and is based out of Perth, Australia.
Mr. Ryan has expertise working on a wide range of high profile and complex corporate assignments in Australia and overseas, and has particular expertise in the mining and resources industries.
Mr. Ryan’s international experience includes appointments as administrator of companies with operations in New Zealand, Chile, Uruguay and Papua New Guinea. He has led negotiations with entities in the United States, Canada and Malaysia.
Mr. Ryan has completed the postgraduate course at the College of Law and qualified as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, he is also a panel liquidator for the Australian Taxation Office.
Previous to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Ryan was the managing partner of Taylor Woodings and played an instrumental role in expanding the firm’s practice nationally in Australia and developing international affiliations.
- Official Liquidator
- Chartered Accountant
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW (non-practising)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) (Hons) - University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Law - University of New South Wales
- Postgraduate course at the College of Law
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Insolvency Practitioners Association
- Australian Venture Capital Association
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Institute of Credit Management
30 The Esplanade
Perth WA 6000